Saturday, 24 April 2010

IT'S NOT SUNDAY AFTERALL.....

Was having a lazy day today thinking it was Sunday. Sitting back watching the racing from Sandown wasn't even a big enough clue for me....old age creeping in lol. Anyways when the penny dropped I said to myself no time to start anything now, when I realised how far behind I was with my paintings. So this is a very rough start of an 8x6 oil on board...just so I can say I painted today. Using my own Tara as a model and the beauty is she poses for nothing....well an apple or a mint and she's any ones :). Looking at it on my screen it looks a bit green but no to worry it's early days, with more paint to flow.
I'm planning on doing larger work this year so these little uns will fit in nicely when I'm taking time outs from the biggies. I'm also going up to Perth this week to gather together some reference photos for the large commission piece I'll be working on. The canvas should arrive the beginning of May....beautiful Belgian Linen. Now thats going to be a scary white mass to look at...eeeekkkkk!!
Well better get to bed as I've had my lazy day and it will be full steam ahead tomorrow.

http://www.e-mccrindleart.co.uk/
http://art-from-scotland-gallery.blogspot.com/
http://100paintingsunder100gbpounds.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

LOL! There is nothing more frightening than blank whiteness!

K. T. Sparks said...

Well it looks awfully good for a rough start to your painting Elizabeth! I know you will take the larger work as challenge. I think it is harder to paint large rather than smaller, but very fulfilling when done. I just love your work and thanks for the well wishes, you are a sweet blog friend.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Think I read somewhere Gail that to get over it just splodge a few marks on it....not sure how that works lol.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks K T, I had another lazy day yesterday and it hasn't progressed but I'll get to it today. For all my huffing and puffing I am looking forward to working larger, I guess it's the feeling of freedom sometimes you can be constricted in smaller pieces....time will tell :))

Gary Keimig said...

nice start Elizabeth. I know of what you speak when it comes to senior moments. My daughter tells me if I can't find my car keys it is not "over the hill" but if I find them and wonder what they are then I have problems. Hmm.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

A bit like wearing your glasses while your looking for them Gary LOL. Sadly a good start was all there was as I made a pig's ear of it today...sigh!