Sunday, 18 April 2010

PROMISE OF THINGS TO COME

I try to remember to take my camera with me because it never fails that when I don't have it I see something worth capturing. This morning was one of those times when I had it and thought I wasn't going to use it, not that I was really looking out for something to photograph. I was mulling over things, walks are good for mulling, the steady steps seem to clear your head, relax your body and make things clearer in your mind. Thats when my eye caught the dried corn at the side of the path, it's bleached with the cold wind that whips across the fields and down the path but it stands there, upright, a little tattered and mishapen but upright. Then as if on cue the sun peeked out from behind the clouds and shone on it and for a split second it was gold again, showing the promise of what will come. Because come summer green shoots will sprout through and new corn will appear and throw forth it's beauty and bounty. Stuff has been going on this week which has made me wonder about my continued pursuit in my journey as an artist, I know I have a mountain to climb but I'm upright and that dried up clump of corn this morning has shown me that there could still be a promise of things to come.

6 comments:

Lynda Schumacher said...

Here in Michigan the grass is finally quite green, and I saw my first barn swallow of the season in the barn -- so the sky will be filled with them as soon as this dratted cold snap ends!

Your comment re: wondering about your pursuit as an artist REALLY caught my attention, Elizabeth. I even went back over your recent posts to see what I had missed: If you gave a clue, I still missed it! : ) Anyway, there is no question about how gifted you are - so it cannot be pertaining to THAT. Whatever it is, I hope you are able to push through, process and resolve it, in whatever way is best for you........and from a selfish perspective, in a way that continues to allow the rest of us to see as much of your wonderful art as we are accustomed to! : )

Debra James Percival said...

Gorgeous photo and keep believing in yourself and your art.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Don't worry Lynda it's nothing to alarming, I'm just preparing my accounts to take to my accountant. As I'm sure we are all finding times harder in some shape or form, this Pharoah's cattle are a little lean this year.....sigh!!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the encourgement Debra I shall surely try to :)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Elizabeth, you ARE an artist and a HIGH caliber one at that! I admire and draw great inspiration from your work. I hope whatever is giving you doubts, or other circumstances are soon overcome. And I agree with Lynda, from my own viewpoint which is a selfish one, I would hate not to be able to visit your blog and admire your works! So I hope you are able to work through the problem and that this year will be a more financially productive one for all of us.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the lovely comments Gail, not to worry just going through a few ideas in my head....I WON'T being stopping painting anytime soon in fact when my time comes (not anytime soon I hope) I'll take my easel with me :))