Thursday, 8 April 2010

REFERENCES.....

Has been a funny old day here and as you can see or not see by the lack of image not a dab of paint was dobbed. Didn't paint yesterday either but that was because for whatever reason I didn't feel like it. Today I fully intended to paint but as I was mulling over what was on the easel my eye caught sight of the box. The box which I keep hordes of reference photos from before digital cameras and even after digital cameras when I was still at the I don't trust CD's stage. The best part of the day was sqirreled away sifting through images and brutally (for me) throwing some out. There were also some family snaps in amongst them which gave me a happy/sad feeling as this would have been Mum's birthday today. But I also found some nice stuff which I'll use over this year, probably, maybe...they've been removed from 'the box' and now reside on 'the pile'.
I also got sidetracked by the racing from Aintree and will no doubt be sidetracked again tomorrow but I already have my painting planned out for tomorrow....because it's Spring it's about time I painted a baby animal....calf or a foal.....well you'll just have to look in to find out :))

2 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Ohhh, I so totally understand getting lost in piles of photos! I have reference photos everywhere, no organization, rhyme or reason.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Now Gail if we were organized how could we be spontaneous lol