Tuesday, 6 April 2010

WORK IN PROGRESS......

This is a coming and going painting I've been working on this afternoon its going through all different stages of love and hate, but the fact that I've bravely put it on here means I think I'm getting somewhere with it. My landscapes and my horses, other animals e.t.c. are so different, with landscapes its a looser impressionistic style. The horses have a tighter more realist look, so one of the things I am aiming for this year is to bring each closer. Something to strive for a more painterly style :).
Well now I have to go get the horses sorted for the night and get to the supermarket before we starve but I'll be back tomorrow.

http://www.e-mccrindleart.co.uk
http://art-from-scotland-gallery.blogspot.com/
http://100paintingsunder100gbpounds.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Lynda Schumacher said...

I love your style with painting landscapes, Elizabeth. Sometime soon, I will have to get my oil paints out again and try something a little looser -- and see what happens. I am a REALLY BAD painter.....lololol. I was so traumatized by my last endeavor, I haven't gotten the paints out for months! : )

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Lynda I'm not sure I have a style yet but painting everyday will surely develop one....I hope. Now you don't need me to tell you that the only way through anything is too hit it head on lol. Get your paints out and attack it the same way you work with your pencils, won't matter if it's rubbish we won't peek....honest.

Diana Marshall said...

Love this loose style, so difficult to achieve I have found and I think you have mastered it, I love it and the preceding painting too.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Diana very encouraging to hear you say that :)

Jan Yates, SCA said...

Really enjoy reading your blog--your love of nature and animals shines through to make these more than just paintings..I am also jealous as I LOVE your country --been twice and intend to go back--will definitely be back here to visit often..thank you for sharing your work and your journey:-)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Many thanks for your lovely comments Jan. I do indeed hope that my love of the countryside and the animals is conveyed in my work, for indeed one couildn't live without the other :)

chiccoreal said...

Dear Elizabeth: Your paintings are amazing! I love the impressionist representation, so pure and beautiful. Do you make cloud paintings? I love your painting of the blue flowers and trees I believe it sold. I love how you do not overwork the paint. Clean and crisp. Very lovely. I am from Canada and know some McCrindles here. I have studied visual arts. I would love to own one of your beautiful paintings of the Scottish countryside. Please contact me! Thank-you!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Many thanks for the lovely comments about my work. I can imagine there would be McCrindles in Canada as it's as beautiful as Scotland. I'll be in touch :))