Monday, 3 May 2010

MAY WEEKEND...NEED TO GET BACK TO WORK FOR A REST :)).













Had a lovely holiday weekend but an exhausting one catching up on work in the garden. I had lost a few shrubs at the front of the house over the severe winter we had and I had to dig them out. For things that were supposed to be dead they put up quite a fight. My neck was aching on Saturday night, a nice massage with oils would have been the order of the day but no such luck :( I also started my new walking regime and the feeling is slowly returning to my thighs and knees....it will get better I know it will and I'll keep saying it till I believe it lol.
Tomorrow I'm off to Edinburgh but I hope to squeeze a small painting in as well, meanwhile I'll take my aching bones off to bed. Thanks for looking in......by the way isn't the above a lovely noble beast :)

4 comments:

K. T. Sparks said...

I need to be weeding and moving some of the hostas around in my garden. I have gotten so far behind with my "Scottish" episode last summer....I did not get a thing done and this year I am overrun!!!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

My Uncle used to come help with mine but he had a health scare last year and he's finally convinced that tending his own garden will be more than enough for him. It's just finding the balance again off painting, house work, horses, garden and being carer to my brother but at least it's never boring LOL.

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

A lovely beast indeed! My husband is the gardener! I have the "black thumb of death" I'm afraid :-)

Wonderful flower photos!

Watched a great Kentucky Derby on Saturday and am thankful the flooding in our area didn't reach us.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I've managed to kill a few in my day as well Gail LOL.

SAdly I haven't seen the Kentucky Derby yet, there must be a video of it doing the rounds somehwere.

Was thinking of you all with the terrible oil slick in the Gulf of Mexico and the tragic consequences to the environment and wildlife, very sad :(