Wednesday, 12 May 2010

"WILD IRISES" ACRYLIC 8X6

Wild Irises
Acrylic 8x6
(Off to a lovely new home in Italy)
copyright Elizabeth McCrindle
Wish I could say that it feels like Spring here but its not, it's absolutely freezing. That said we are still getting a bit of sunshine it's just the minus 3 wind makes it a little uncomfortable to be out in. This little landscape is from my morning walk with the dogs, as it used to be a railtrack you often get sheltered areas protected by embankments. This is one of them, I liked the flashes off blue you get when you look upwards and the wild irises that grow in and above the little ditch that runs along the path help to pick some of that colour up. I used a little artistic licsense with the irises as there is only a few of them, all in all I'm pleased with end result.

4 comments:

Lynda Schumacher said...

Beautiful use of color, Elizabeth.......just lovely.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Lynda, I enjoyed this one :)

Susan Leyland said...

So looking forward to receiving this painting. Thank you Elizabeth. Susan Leyland

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Hope you like it Susan, sketch arrived today and I love it :)