Wednesday, 2 June 2010

"THE BLUES BOYS" ACRYLIC 6X8



The Blues Boys
Acrylic 6x8
copyright Elizabeth McCrindle

Had an enjoyable day off on Monday spent in the garden getting to grips with some fast growing weeds. How is it that everything seems to be behind in the garden this year, except the weeds. Also cut the grass both front and back which I find very theraputic. Everything is a bit tidier now and I got back to my painting on Tuesday. Have to say I didn't get a whole lot done, was probably not a good idea to interrupt a smaller painting but that said it didn't cause to much of a problem and I knuckled down today and really like the finished article.

The horse is Novice hurdler Donald McCain Jr trained Edge of Town in the paddock at Ayr. I will be concentrating on developing my equine paintngs this year and I am currently accepting commissions and welcome any enquiries.

Elizabeth

6 comments:

K. T. Sparks said...

Very nice Elizabeth! I don't know how you manage to get the weeds out of the garden in one day! :)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Wonderful expression on the horse's face! Turned out so well.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Oh I didn't KT the weeds are a continued fight lol but managed to get those that were unsightly. I just have a small garden but at this time of year it can quickly get over run :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail I'm very pleased with it. I want to concentrate on my equine work this year. Start small working up to larger pieces...well thats the hoped plan of action :)

jane augenstein said...

OMG, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the horse's eyes! Beautiful!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jane glad you like it :)