Monday, 21 June 2010

HAVING A STUDIO TIDY, SO TAKING SOME TIME OFF.....

Decided I need take some time out and give my studio space a clear out... I will admit to being a horder but enough is enough and I need to re-organise my space. I know my blogs of late have been a bit lapsed which is mostly due to the environment I'm working in so hopefully a good clear out will help clear my head as well :)). Truth be told the whole house needs a major facelift but with a lack of diy knowledge and time I think the best way forward is one room at a time. As I work from home and have to keep making the pennies it's logical to start with 'the office' first. Will be back soon with a tidy space and a clear head to create with...keep smiling!

8 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

From one fellow hoarder to another...good luck!

I need to do the same, may have to wait until winter and my off season.

Lynda Schumacher said...

Wow, do I ever get THAT, Elizabeth! If you are anything like me, you will feel so much better getting back to work once your work space is a bit more organized. I on the other hand, have so neglected my time spent drawing (and my blog), that I've barely been in there to mess the room up. Hoping to start getting back to it this week, given some pending changes that should help.

Sheona Hamilton Grant said...

You are welcome over here anytime:D Happy clearing up and out...the best is always the result and the feeling of achievement.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Gail I've saying that for a few years now :))

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I really had to clear more space Lynda just about to start a large canvas 58"x32" and it's trying to get an angle to suit. Ahh for a lovely big open space to create in :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

You know Sheona it's such a liberating feeling throwing things out, great for releasing stress....that is until I throw something out I shouldn't have lol

Sandra said...

Just finished tidying my studio and threw away only dirt. I don't think of it as hoarding but giving things a welcome home -smile-.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I'm a bit like you Sandra I lift something, see something in it or remember how I come to have and it get's tidied away to another corner :))It's really just a case of trying to make more room in my box studio to work with larger canvasses!