Saturday, 12 June 2010

KATIE..SOFTENED THE BLOW OFF A SAD WEEK




Last week I recieved a call from a gentleman who has commissoned me over the years to paint his dogs. It's always nice to be remembered but sadly this time the dog had passed away. We arranged a time and I visited on Thursday to go through photographs he had of Bonnie that I could use in the painting. While there I met up with the newest member of the family 7 month old Katie. I have to say this gorgeous young lady charmed me with her stunning looks and fun nature....I'm truly smitten and I just bet you are too.

Katie also helped soften the blow of a very sad week. Those who have been following my blog will know that I am due to start a large commission of a group of horses I call 'the family'. I along with everyone involved have been waiting for the birth of Gale's foal which was a bit overdue. The little filly arrived on Monday but tragically broke her leg, she was operated on Tuesday but sadly had to be put down on Wednesday. Coming so soon after loosing Speedy Geoff's other broodmare it's a terrible blow, my heart breaks so for everyone involved and I can only now write about it. Being involved with horses brings amazing highs but sadly this week has been one of the lows....

4 comments:

Lynda Schumacher said...

I'm sorry about your tough week, Elizabeth. Animals can bring such joy, and sadness. We just found out that we will probably lose our oldest golden retriever in one to two weeks, and of course it is breaking my heart. Makes it challenging to get back focused on my work now that graduation activities are over, but all in good time. My sincere thoughts are with you.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Lynda it's been so sad a little one that held so many dreams for her owner gone without the chance it just breaks my heart. I'm sorry to hear about your dog I know how hard that can be they bring so much into our lives. Hugs x

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Katie is a beauty for sure!

Animals bring such pleasure, love and company and such sorrow.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

For sure Gail they do!