Wednesday, 21 July 2010

WORK IN PROGRESS ARABIAN FILLY

Finally got started on a work in progress this evening. I love all horses that come in all shapes and sizes but my two favourite breeds to paint are Thoroughbreds and Arabians. This exquisite filly is a beautiful black Arabian filly, forged from the dreams of my childhood. She was bred by Sue Wells of Sapphire Stud Farm in Pennsylvania. Sue has very kindly given my permission to paint her stunning Black Arabians and I hope I can do them justice. Don't you think she already has that Royal look about her a Princess of the Desert!

2 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I love how you start a piece. Once the eye is in place, all else seems to follow with ease.

Still getting used to this new computer. Do not like the keyboard, may have to get another.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Placement of the eye is important for me, once the eye is there the mood of the painting is fixed.

My new computer is a laptop and I had to resort to buying a keyboard would have been better staying with a PC lol