Thursday, 5 August 2010

FINISHED.....

untitled
Acrylic 6x6

Well it's finished I'm not touching another thing on it. Can't say I'm wholeheartedly pleased with it and there was dogged determination to have a finished piece. It almost landed in the bin this morning as I have a mountain of work to get done and this seemed a waste of time but really that's not the attitude to take. Don't get me wrong there are parts that I like but I've gone too long on her face and she's lost the baby look she was supposed to have, that's a disappointment to me. I might have another shot at her further along the month for the moment I'm working on commission's (I'll let you see them further into their development). Also have two to do for Art Off The Square a charity exhibition and two for the Save The Children Exhibition. Save The Children have a competition (The Willa Revie Trophy) every year in which those participating can enter one of their paintings. I won it the first year it was introduced but haven't entered any of my paintings since, this year is such a good subject "Play of Light", I might just be tempted.
Off to visit my Aunt tonight she was at the hospital on Tuesday and got her stitches out but she's to keep the pins in for another two weeks....it's not coming quick enough for her.
Thanks for taking time out for a look :)

6 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

The background works for me. I think the reason I like this one so is because the foal looks like an American Saddlebred. They have longer faces than Arabians. I understand your not wanting to do more on it, sometimes enough is enough!

100+ today, humidity is stifling and the heat index is 107. I'm looking for fall...

K. T. Sparks said...

Such a cute little foal and you did a great job as always! Keep up the beautiful work Elizabeth!

Linda Shantz said...

Aw, I think she's still beautiful, Elizabeth! And I hope your aunt is on the mend soon! Tell her to try to be patient, haha..

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail quite pleased with the background....oh my that is warm.

Thanks KT I will do my best :)

Good one Linda I'll pass that on from the other end of the room lol.

Carmel Rowley Author said...

She grew into a very elegant mare Elizabeth. I always thought it was a lovely painting. I came for a look at your work after liking your new page on facebook and found Simoonah. All the best Carmel www.carmelrowley.com.au

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Was revisiting my Blog this evening and found your comment Carmel. Thanks for the lovely comment and I'm glad to hear that she grew into a lovely mare xx