Wednesday, 18 August 2010

FIRST PAINTING FOR ART OFF THE SQUARE, KILBARCHAN.

This is the first of two paintings that will be going to Kilbarchan next week for the annual exhibition Art Off The Square. With my usual running at the last moment I had to enter them as Ayrshire Landscape 1 and 2 but I'm going to call this one "As Far As" it's 8x8 and priced at £250-.
Before I go I'd just like to draw your attention to Liz Wiltzen's blog Liz Wiltzen-A Painters Journal Liz has been completing 100 plein air paintings in 100 days and you really should have a look. Day No.97 is probably my favourite but it also has the most amazing story to go with it. Not going to give any clues you'll have to look :))

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

OOOOOOh, I love this. The UK has such BIG skies!!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Mary...Ayrshire where I live has big skies and rolling fields, further up North it's big mountain ranges :)