Friday, 27 August 2010

RELAXING DAY AT THE RACES....






Had a lovely day at the races yesterday took my camera with me and got some really lovely shots. Was just nice to relax and not think about anything but a nice day out. There wasn't a big crowd which was an added bonus (for me) and the sunny day seemed to have put a smile on most folks faces. The horses especially were enjoying the sun on their coats and each and everyone of them was a credit to it's handler. Mind you some of them were on their toes as one of the photos shows but shortly after that one of them got in such a tizzy it ended up crashing into the paddock rails, thankfully they're made of plastic and easily spring out but more thankfully no one including the horse was hurt...needless to say he didn't go on to win :). Time out makes me realise that I need to find a balance between work and all the other things in life that need taken care off.......just haven't figured out how yet, but I know I'll get there. Meanwhile, the garden beckons :))

5 comments:

Linda Shantz said...

Looks like it was a perfect day, Elizabeth! I love this time of year, the light is just great.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Had a great day Linda can see a lot of ideas for paintings in what I've taken :)

Linda Shantz said...

Nothing like a day at the races for inspiration!

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Lovely photos! Especially love the first and last ones.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

This is true Linda though sometimes you can be swamped with choice lol

Thanks Gail it was like being a kid in a chocolate factory :)