Tuesday, 31 August 2010

THOUGHT i BETTER MAKE A START......


Ok I've probably be on holiday from the easel for long enough so too kick away the cobwebs I've started today with what I feel most comfortable with a head study of a horse. It's not that I don't already have pieces that are started I thought I better get back in the swing with something I DON'T want to make into a dog's dinner. This is going to be a study of the Mark Johnston trained Music News not because he's a winner, I just liked his colouring and the way he carried his head. As a matter of interest because you won't see them he has the smallest feet I think I've ever seen on a Thoroughbred. We'll see how this turns out :)

I got quite a lift from my day at the races so theres every chance I'll be working on a few studies from the course....even some jockeys. Some of these will find their way into my 100 Paintings for under 100 GB Pounds, so those with a fondness for the Turf will have to keep popping in for the chance of picking up an original for a bargin.
Thanks as always for dropping in.

4 comments:

Lynda Schumacher said...

And a lovely start it is, Elizabeth! Looking forward to seeing it develop.

Pamela said...

I do believe you are making a great start on this one!

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Wow, a dramatic start! Eye so full of expression even at this stage!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Lynda, Pamela and Gail glad you like it. I did a little more to it and have added that to the post. Going to be busy this week but will post progress as it's made.