Wednesday, 1 September 2010

AN ANXIOUS WAIT.....


The cheeky wee monster who I have painted often on this blog not too mention photographed is very poorly and I would go as far as too say gravely ill. This last week and a half he has drastically lost condition and we are now waiting the results of blood tests that were taken this evening. Jamie the vet is coming back tomorrow with hopefully some of the results and to do an ultra sound. Dougie looks so much smaller (as if he was ever big) and kept pressing his head against me when he was being examined....my heart just hurt for him. Tara is really upset and I feel she senses better than us how ill her little friend is :(

10 comments:

Linda Shantz said...

That's very sad news, Elizabeth. I hope the vet comes back with some answers and treatment...we'll hope for the best. So hard when our four-leggeds are doing poorly. :-(

K. T. Sparks said...

Oh, Elizabeth I am so sorry that the pony is ill. I am hoping that the vet comes with news that you can get her well. Our animals are our family and it hurts when they are not doing well just as we do people. Prayers

Judy Wood said...

Oh dear, Elizabeth, that is upsetting news to hear. I hope you are able to get a diagnosis and treatment to get him back to good health. My thoughts will be with you (and him).

Lynda Schumacher said...

Elizabeth, I am so sorry your pony is struggling; hoping everything works out well.

Charlotte McDavid said...

is this a recent photo?
is there something swollen on his neck?
I'll keep him in my prayers.

Jennifer Rose said...

:(
I really hope that he is ok!

Julie B. said...

Elizabeth, my heart goes out to you and the wee cheeky monster. As a long time horse owner, I know how awful is the waiting for results, and how frustrating it feels when nothing one does seems to be of any help. Sending healing, hopeful thoughts your way...

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Many thanks for your kind thoughts they are so appreciated.

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Oh No!!! I hope the vet is able to put him back in order. He is such a dear and I love your paintings of him so. I'll keep all in my thoughts.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Our vets are doing everything they can for him Gail and today his temperature had dropped a little though still not near normal. He has a strong wee heart and there's always hope!