Monday, 13 September 2010

"FIELDS OF GOLD" ACRYLIC 14X11

Fields of Gold
Acrylic 14x11
This is the first of two of my paintings that will be part of the Save The Children Art Exhibition this year at the Maclaurin Galleries. Another case of painting something around a title. One of these days I'm going to be so organised and far ahead with my work that the paintings heading for exhibitions will be ready in time for the catalogue details.....hmm when chicken have teeth.
The original isn't quite as yellow as this has come out been a begger too photograph. I'm not sure it's finished yet I was starting to get a little google eyed doing it so I'll have a look again tomorrow with a fresh eye.
Elizabeth

2 comments:

Diana Marshall said...

This is beautiful, I can feel the warmth of the sun. It is a painting to sit and look at and imagine the sounds and smells that go along with that scene.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Diana thats what I always try to create in my landscapes....the feeling of being there :)