Sunday, 26 September 2010

NO PAINTING TODAY GARDEN AND RELAXING.........












As you can probably tell by the photos, this morning was the first heavy frost of the year, along with a bit of strong sunshine to make it magical. Decided yesterday that I wouldn't do any painting today and it seemed to add the flavour of a holiday to the day. Took a little longer on my walk plus more photos than the norm. The Charolais cattle looked especially magnificent today with the strong morning sun burning their coats. The Highland Cattle are further along the road but thought it was worth driving to see if they were there........they where shrouded in billowing steam caused by the breathe hitting the cold air.
This afternoon was spent cutting the grass that was until my lawnmower after many years of hard graft decided it was time to call a halt. Will have to go shopping tomorrow for a new one so as I can get the back garden finished, this should be the last cut of the year. This evening I'm going to put my feet up and do absolutely nothing and tomorrow I'll be refreshed and ready to plunder the easel :))

10 comments:

Juliet said...

I just love all these fuzzy bovines!

Lynda Schumacher said...

Love the photos, Elizabeth. It sounds as if you are having a lovely day, and well-deserved relaxation. Enjoy!

K. T. Sparks said...

Enchanting photos Elizabeth. Now that is some nose jewelry!

Karen M Schmidt said...

Oh, Elizabeth ... the "first frost" sounds so deliciously refreshing (as does putting one's feet up and doing absolutely nothing this evening)! We're finally looking forward to some cooler temps this week, should be perfectly gorgeous. And speaking of gorgeous: what beautiful photos! I love horse and cow pics, and you've got such a fresh perspective ... I love the one with just ears and eyes peeking over the back of the next one. Happy painting tomorrow!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Juliet I love them as well more so that they are developing a winter coat :D

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Lynda it has been a perfect day I was so lucky to get those shots this morning :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

K T his nose ring kept glinting in the sun just tempting me to photograph it.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Karen would you believe it but that's my favourite photo as well. It's Peter the bull giving me the 'look' from across his harem lol. Actually as bulls go he's a bit of a sweetie....not that I'd ever drop my guard I know when I've out stayed my welcome :D
I'm glad to hear things are beginning to cool down for you and hope you'll be taking some lovely fall photos!

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I've never seen the longhaired cattle before. They are neat looking!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

The last two are Highland cattle....these are mini ones and very sweet :)