Sunday, 12 September 2010

PAPERWORK, EMAILS AND SAVING TO DISCS.....

Been busy catching up on some paperwork, answering emails but most especially saving photos to disc. With the emphasis being on saving the photos, I had a bit of a scare when all the photos I had taken in August disappeared off the face off the earth. Panic stricken would be an understatement cos not only did they include lots of lovely autumnal landscapes but most of the images I had taken last time I was at Ayr Races (like the one above). I had been in the process of saving them but there were tears, a little swearing and......... a lot of banging and crashing around. I sat in the kitchen clutching my cup of coffee when suddenly I remembered I still had the SD disc from the camera that I had taken from Ayr, all was not lost. Switched on the computer and bugger it were they not all back...I'm a little frazzled, ten years older and my blood pressure has gone off the scale but you can take it from me....they are all safely on disc.

2 comments:

Linda Shantz said...

Been there, Elizabeth! And not so fortunate when my hard drive crashed last year! Okay I'm off to backup my most recent pics!!! :-D

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I remember that Linda we take a lot for granted at times with computors. I lost all my photos of the dogs first time my old comp crashed.....it's the most sickening feeling. I tend to be over cautious now, hence the reason I kept the images from Ayr on the SD card just in case something happened :))