Sunday, 5 September 2010

STUDY OF MARK JOHNSTON TRAINED MUSIC NEWS PART 4

Slowly, slowly we're getting there. I do love the juicy feeling you get when using oils but it does take me longer. Think it's possibly for such a while I've been working exclusively with acrylics it's just a matter of adjusting back. Have been thinking of combining both mediums, starting my base painting in acrylics and finishing off with oils, we'll see :) I love this fellas starey eye which always reminds me of the great Shergar. He had just finished his race in this image and the blood is in his eyes and nostrils.
A bit windy here today but think I'll go for a walk after I've been to the yard, should help blow the cobwebs off.

2 comments:

Linda Shantz said...

He's looking great so far, Elizabeth. I love the muted colours.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Linda I'm enjoying it...so far :)