Tuesday, 7 September 2010

"STUDY OF MUSIC NEWS AYR 26TH AUGUST"


"Study of Music News, Ayr 26th August"
Oils on Canvas Board 10 x 8
SOLD to a new collector in Texas, USA.
I was running late getting to the races on 26th August so I had already missed the horses paradingfor the first, infact I missed the race as it had just finished. The Mark Johnston trained Music News was first into the parade ring on route to the winners enclosure. Having been fourth he was right in line of my lens, pretty dainty for a colt but solid enough, it was his colouring that attracted me ranging from black to mahogony depending on how the sun hit him. Got quite a few images of him that I might go back for more, so, you might not have seen the last of him. I'll actually be painting his jockey for the upcoming Save The Children Exhibition. Well it's actually more a study of the colours as Joe Fanning has his back to me.

No comments: