Saturday, 4 September 2010

STUDY OF MUSIC NEWS PART 3

This afternoon's progress of the study of Music News has gone not too bad, I honestly almost gessoed over what I had done and started again. I really should have made it a bit larger but was keen to get on. I also should probably have carried on with the light washes all over but again was over eager to crack on. I just felt like I had to get on with it rather than pussyfoot about but I'm happy with the eye being in, the painting for me is now alive.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

It's getting on well, I think. The most important part to me is the eye, it gives Music News a special vitality.

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Love the coloring. It's amazing how even at this stage how the eye makes it alive.

Hope the little one is still progressing back to health.

K. T. Sparks said...

it is alive for me too Elizabeth! This is going to be a nice one and can't wait to see it finished!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks everyone just wish I had sketched it a bit bigger.

He seemed a little brighter today Gail, he's got the run of Andras lawn at the moment and demolished a tub of parsley, but the question remains is that the drugs talking.