Saturday, 18 September 2010

WEE MIRACLE....




Mother Nature never fails to amaze. On Wednesday morning when I was taking my walk I noticed a bit of a commotion happening in the field along side the path. It was full of sheep and by the noise they were making something was a foot. My first thought was a fox in the field, it wasn't but you could have blown me over with a feather when I noticed what it was. In a circle of about four ewes a ewe had given birth to a lamb.......in September. I watched for a bit expecting that the little bundle would be dead but no it was on it's feet very obviously hungry by the racket it was making. And if I had been surprised you should have seen the farmer's face when I dropped in to let him know.......think he thought I'd been at the mushroom soup. Every day since I've half expected it to be gone but it's still there and this morning I crossed the field to get a bit closer and take some photos. As you can see Mum was a bit worried about me being there so I didn't stop long. Question....is he/she a late or early lamb....whatever it's a cutie and a wee miracle.


4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Indeed a miracle and what great photos of mom!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Was so pleased to get them Gail. She's a good Mum and likes to keep her baby hidden

Diana Marshall said...

Well that was a surprising find, the pair would make a lovely painting.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

It wasn't half Diana...and yes could be a painting in the pipeline :)