Thursday, 16 September 2010

WIP ROUGH COLLIE....AT THE MOMENT VERY ROUGH!


The hardest thing about painting is the start.....where to put the first mark then the next and so on. I like to draw my subject on to the canvas first not a detailed drawing just a little map which probably only I know the direction it's going to. I know the map isn't carved in stone and that I'll alter things as I go along but I just feel I need that guide. If you look closely at this start you'll already noticed I've changed the nose and shifted the feet...sigh if only that's all I'll change. Will most likely have another start tomorrow, a jockey which will be the second of my paintings for the Save The Children Exhibition. Hopefully with all to stopping and starting you won't get confused and hopefully neither will I...smile!
This by the way is Bonnie sadly no longer with her owner but still very much loved and missed...the good thing about being an artist is being able to produce something that will be a lasting rememberence.

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

She has a lovely look to her already~hardest part is the basic drawing for me, rest seems to fall into place, sometimes :)

Mary said...

Great start! This will be beautiful and so treasured!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail yep some fall into place easier than others :)

Mary I know it will take pride of place and help heal the loss :)

K. T. Sparks said...

The beauty of Scotland is awe inspiring! I love your country and wish to visit there again one day.