Saturday, 25 September 2010

WORK IN PROGRESS ROUGH COLLIE


Still have two wee ones to get done for Aberfeldy but as they needed the images for today (exhibition catalogue) I decided to have a change of scenery and will fit them in through the week.....the scenery has turned out to be the Rough Collie work in progress. I know I should cover the whole canvas and then get to the detail but it just doesn't work for me the hands keep coming back putting more shape and detail into the face.....sigh, one day. It's actually being a bit of a monkey to do. Because Bonnie died about a year ago I wasn't able to take my own photos and I'm working from the clients. It's a bit like having a jigsaw puzzle and the pieces don't fit so I'm making it up as best I can.....but I am enjoying it :)
No painting tomorrow I really have to catch up with the garden before the weather turns. Need to give the lawn it's last (hopefully) cut so say a prayer for a dry day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Gary Keimig said...

thios is going top be nice. great start Elizabeth

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gary I'm happy with it so far :)