Friday, 22 October 2010

"AFTER THE RACE" ACRYLIC 8X10





After The Race
Acrylic 8x10 on canvas panel

Feeling a bit better today and managed to get this wee study finished at last. Quite pleased with the end result but feel as if I've been at it forever. Everything I touch at the moment seems to have that feel to it, stops and starts and takes forever. I really need to find a balance where I can make time for everything, when everything is moving smoothly I paint better and that can't be a bad thing...smile.
Our cold but clean frost we had has been replaced by lots of rain, I've been out three times today and have three jackets drying off....is it any wonder I get so many headaches lol.
Next post I'll leave the Grinch outside and be my usual sunny self...have a great weekend whatever you do.
Footnote..... think it looks better posting a work in progress like this rather than drag it on through seperate posts....what you all think?

2 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

The progress all together is nice. Gives one the overall progression of different stages. I do love how this one turned out.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail I'm pretty pleased with it too. Think I like this way of doing a work in progress....this way when I make a dog's dinner of it no one will ever know lol.