Saturday, 2 October 2010

TURNING COLOUR ACRYLIC 6X6 £150-

Turning Colour
Acrylic 6x6
£150-
Everywhere you turn now the surrounding countryside is changing, the cycle of the seasons is in swing. I have to admit, that although the days are starting to shorten and there's a sharp edge to the wind that wasn't there last month, this is my favourite time of year. Even if I weren't an artist or dabbed in taking photos my heart would still fair burst with the colour of it. This wee group of trees is in a field just outside Springside on the back road which takes you down Busbiehill and into my village. It used to be a bigger group as was the wee wood that runs alongside the road. Time is catching up and in the not to distance future they might be gone too. It's little spots like these I feel I have to paint when they are still there.... that and the fact I think it's just beautiful.
This one will join the others that are heading up to the Aberfeldy Gallery Christmas exhibition at the end of the month. So if you have a fancy for it you'll find details of the Gallery on the right hand sidebar of my Virtual Gallery blog.
Things still feel a bit odd without the wee man as is only right it should be. But having lost a fair share of four legged friends I know it starts to sting a little less as the days pass. This was the time of year when he was so paintable, his coat thickened took on a deeper red or was it his mane and tail got lighter. I have a bundle of images that could be turned into paintings but not right now.......maybe one day.
Have a great weekend and thanks for looking.......

6 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I've always loved the Fall, the brisk air, turning of the leaves.

Always loved your painting of the wee one.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Me too Gail :D

There's one on offer in the Virtual Gallery blog!

Karen M Schmidt said...

Hi Elizabeth, it's amazing to me how your paintings remind me so much of the land around here. October and April have always been my favorite months ... I love these times of transition. Beautiful painting, as always!

p.s. So sorry to hear about your loss ... I know how hard it is; our animals are as loved as family.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I enjoy April as well all the new growth and beautiful baby animals popping up all over. I live in Ayrshire which is predominately farming country the odd hill now and again be mostly quite flat. Now up North is a whole different ball game and probably not much like Louisiana lol

Lynda Schumacher said...

Sigh......Elizabeth, I just love your loose, little landscapes.

I was so sorry to read about Dougal. One can see simply by looking at him, that he was a sweet character. Though as you mention these things do get easier, it can be simply heart-wrenching. We are probably getting very close to losing our oldest golden retriever.......gulp........and some moments it seems I can hardly bear to think about it. He has been such a wonderful buddy for 14 years......

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Lynda for the lovely comments.

I remember you speaking of your dogs when I talked about mine earlier in my blog. Time seems to rush past from them being tiny little furballs to them being happier to lie by you feet than run off with your slippers. There is no doubt it's hard when the time comes but the happy memories dull the pain.