Tuesday, 12 October 2010

WIP.......AFTER THE RACE

I'm going to be concentrating on equine work for the rest of the year and this is the first work in progress. For the first time in blah blah years I've been back at my local racetrack in Ayr. I have a mountain of ideas and images to work from which can be a little daunting....too much choice can be as bad as having none). This one is a simple head study (if you can ever call the beautiful structure of a horses head simple) just after his race. He had been washed down and was being cooled down by his lad, I'm hoping to capture the lovely tones between the wet and dried parts. It can sometimes take me quite a while to complete a piece so I'll have two or three on the go so I can switch back and forward between them.
Enjoy :))

No comments: