Saturday, 13 November 2010

QUIET DAY, NO PAINTING.......

Woke up this morning with every intention of finishing off the painting on my easel and then the little devil that sits on my left shoulder whispered seductively......put your feet up. The angel on my right shoulder was sleeping soundly so I jumped at the chance. Took the dogs for their morning walk just as it was getting light all wrapped up against the cold but the wind still managed to nip my nose and cheeks...not that I minded clears your head. Attended to Tara's needs then had a leisurely breakfast while reading this months Woman & Home. That was about as strenuous as it got, spent the afternoon watching the racing from Cheltenham and Wetherby very entertaining. This evening has been as relaxing watching more TV. Tomorrow it's back to the norm....with a fresh outlook, does good sometimes to down tools!

The holly by the way is from Andra's garden, every year round about now he starts making christmas garlands from the produce of his garden. It's time consuming as he picks and makes them all himself....well with a little help from his family these past couple of years. He turned 92 last week and finally admits too slowing down......smile!

5 comments:

Linda Shantz said...

Sounds like a great day to me! :-)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

It was Linda.....plunked off today as well :)

Karen M Schmidt said...

I'm with LInda ... any day that starts off with a brisk walk and a leisurely breakfast with a home magazine (my favorites are The English Home, Period Living, and Old House Interiors), then ends with one's feet up in front of the tv, sounds like my kind of day!

K. T. Sparks said...

Yes it sounded heavenly to me also!
Nice relaxing days are good for the soul.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Well I'm all relaxed and ready to get the week started quite a bit off ground frost this morning so nippy fingers.....but way better than rain :)
There are lots of magazines I like too Karen and I kind of go a bit daft at this time of year as they are all filled with Christmas stuff :))