Monday, 22 November 2010

TIRED, TRIP TO EDINBURGH AND A GLORIOUS SUNRISE..

I'm up at the crack off dawn every morning but this morning I had to be on my toes as I was taking paintings to Edinburgh for the Torrance Gallery show. And what a morning nature had in store. I've always been an early bird and is it any wonder when you get to see sights like this which was ten times better than this photo.

Couldn't believe it when this wee robin parked himself in front of me almost at my foot. They move so fast and it's nigh on impossible to get a decent shot but this one is a poser. When I see these wee guys in my garden or out and about I know for sure Christmas is just around the corner.
The trip to the Scottish capital was blighted somewhat with heavy and persistant rain not much fun for driving in....but needs must. There was plenty of Christmas cheer in the shop windows though and they had already started hanging the exhibition at the Torrance it's going to be wall to wall paintings, and a feast of colour.
I started drawing out a study of Peter the Charolais but it's been erased wasn't bulky enough and I was a bit tired, hopefully will get it started tomorrow.
Thought for today..........
Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats ~ Voltaire

2 comments:

RLT Art said...

beautiful, beautiful photos! I love the little robin - he makes me feel all festive!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Rebecca....always feel that way about Robins :)