Tuesday, 9 November 2010

WORK IN PROGRESS FOR EDINBURGH EXHIBITION

Untitled
Acrylic 16x16
Have had a most enjoyable afternoon starting this painting....I say starting but this is actually a second attempt. Yesterday after a dismal week I put this board on the easel and got started, it was an awful attempt and at the end of my efforts got wiped off. Deep breath and another start today....a little more promising though still early days, don't want to be over cocky. It's amazing how one or two lame attempts can rock your confidence and you start to doubt you'll ever produce another decent piece of art. All being well this one and and a couple others will be heading to Edinburgh at the end of the month.

4 comments:

Linda Shantz said...

Looks like a good start to me, Elizabeth! I do understand that though! Our confidence is so fragile... :-P

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I understand totally. Going to give it another go myself. Think my hand is healed enough to hold a brush and pencil again.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Yep Linda we artists are a sensitive bunch :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Glad to hear your hand feels better Gail and looking forward to seeing what it creates :)