Wednesday, 22 December 2010

DOING, NOT SAYING......

"Sledging"
by James Orr

I received this Christmas card the other day from an artist friend Jimmy Orr and each time I look at it a smile starts from with in. Everything about it is just so right, not just colour and compostition but it tells a story, one that you wish you could enter the painting and take part in. I can almost hear the excited chatter of the two friends off across the field with their sledge.

We're almost at the end of the year, a time to re-group ready to start afresh. Last year I wrote a whole screed about what I would be doing and haven't accomplished half of it. So, this year it's not going to be about saying but about doing. First thing I will be doing is going back to having just one blog....this one! You'll find all my news on here as always, though perhaps not on a daily basis, I need to spend more time at the easel and less on the computer.

A new year is an exciting new start, the beginning of the next part in the journey. Thanks for the past year and all the lovely comments you have no idea how encouraging they are. Sometimes it can feel like it's just me and the easel and then I come here and find that someone's been looking over my shoulder. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and the Happiest New Year.

Elizabeth

6 comments:

Diana Marshall said...

Yes it is a wonderful painting, I see what you see.
Hope you have a great Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year.
Looking forward to following your blog next year.
Cheers!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you Diana and I wish the same right back at you. Many thanks for the lovely comments you shared in my Blog :)

Tracy Hall said...

Thats a super painting from James Orr. I shall bookmark your blog so I can keep up with you from now on! I don't know about you, but up here in the far north I'm sick of the sight of snow and I don't care how pretty it makes everything look :)
Wishing you a peaceful Christmas and a happy new year (and less snow)xx

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Tracy...your paintings are a real joy. Yep I think the novelty is beginning to wane a little on the snow front....would be nice if it were white for Christmas and then it can begger off back where it came from :))

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season!
Agree on the snow, enough!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Yep Gail it's been very festive but time to get back to normality :)