Friday, 31 December 2010

ENDING WITH A BEGINNING.....

The last day, in fact the last minutes of 2010. Holidays are really confusing I got to that stage this morning that I wasn't sure what day it actually was, for some reason it was Tuesday in my mind. Then off course not only my mind was mush the weather was too.....foggy, I could hardly see in front of me going to the yard this morning. Hasn't cleared much all day and feels a bit like the year is fading away.
My intention was to have another small painting too finish the year with....not snow you'll be pleased to hear but it just didn't happen. Oh I tried, but it just wasn't right. So, I picked up a pencil and one of the many pristine sketch books that I seem to collect and sketched for the first time in yonks. A quiet hour or so just me, the pencil and the paper a good way to end the year.....with the beginning of an idea.

A Happy and Prosperous 2011 to you all.....Elizabeth

3 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

A beautiful sketch Elizabeth! You always capture the eye so well. We all need to sketch more, I can't remember the last time I really did so.
A very Happy New Year to you and yours!

Gail

Ruth Andre said...

Beautiful portrait for the New Year!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Gail I find myself ashamed to say it's been a long time since I lifted a sketch book. I forgot the simple joy to be found from a piece of paper and a pencil.

Ruth many thanks for the lovely comment. Hopefully this wee sketch will be the beginning of many :)