Monday, 6 December 2010

SLIP SLIDING.......

Getting there slowly but surely with the Charolais, hoping to have him finished tomorrow. I'm really enjoying trying to capture the texture of his coat. He's quite a furry bear and his face especially has curly hair. I'm going to do more studies of him and much larger than this one, this one is bit fiddly (if thats a word).
I had intended having him finished this afternoon but had a bit of drama when winter hit us once again with heavy snow falling from around 11 o'clock in the morning until about half two in the afternoon. I managed up to feed Tara at lunchtime with no problems but it was a different story in the evening. Expecting trouble I set off early so that it was still light. Driving at a crawl on untreated roads everything was fine till Busbiehill, was almost at the top (typically) when my tyres lost grip. Was nothing for it but to reverse back down the hill, car had other ideas as the back end slid round, and I was stuck firmly in the middle of the road on the middle of the hill. Got out and walked to the yard for a shovel and grit. Got a shovel no problem but no grit as the Council hadn't left any, was nothing for it but to raid Andra's refuge bin. Andra has a coal fire and every morning he put his ashes into a plastic bag and drops it in the bin. So it was Andra's and not Angelas Ashes that saved me the embarrassment of having to get towed off the hill........tomorrow I'll walk :)

2 comments:

Karen M Schmidt said...

Oh, my, Elizabeth! quite an adventure! We rarely have snow and icy roads, so usually the most trouble we have to go to in order to drive out on a winter morning is to air up our tires with a portable inflator because the cold has caused them to deflate a little. I hereby promise I'll never again complain about that ... LOL!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Only about the third time in 26 years I haven't made it up that hill so not bad going really :)