Tuesday, 7 December 2010

WINTER WONDERLAND......

A bit to go yet
I have to admit to being a little grumpy this morning when I woke. A quick look outside told me that nothing had changed from the day before and that I would be on foot to Busbiehill. Don't get me wrong I love walking but it's time consuming and I was hoping to spend time today at the easel. It was also bitter cold but fortunately I had not long bought myself a new pair of walking boots and they performed very well gripping the icy road...so I could march on without fear of landing on me bum lol. It really didn't take long for my demeanour to change. There is something about the magic of snow that touches your soul and instead of freezing it heats your heart till you just can't help but smile. Time literary stood still as I drunk in the views before me and although I missed out today at the easel ideas have been formed deep in my mind. I had my camera with me and thought I'd share with you all some of what I saw.


Who would have thought a metal gate could be transformed to something so pretty.

Arrived at the top of Busbiehill where an eager to get out Tara was waiting for me.

This my favourite natures own droplet earrings.

9 comments:

Lee said...

You have truly captured the beauty of winter.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Lee glad you enjoyed them :)

imagi2k said...

Thanks for these glimpses in to your experience of the UK's big freeze, the pics are great. We are down to slushy coloured patches of ice, not quite as inspiring as your views. Stay cozy :-)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the comment imagi2k you stay cozy too :)

Studio at the Farm said...

Thank you for the post of photos. They are beautiful and intimate. I enjoyed them, even tho' I am NOT a fan of winter.

RLT Art said...

superb photography. you've really captured the magical essence of the snow in all its entirety.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Kathryn and Rebecca I'm glad you enjoyed them :)

Karen M Schmidt said...

Beautiful photos, Elizabeth! I grew up in North Dakota, so had LOTS of snow as a child, and sometimes I miss it, although I'm glad not to have to dig the car out whenever we have to drive somewhere!

My favorite is that last one, too ... "nature's droplet earrings"!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Karen we've had it a bit soft for a good few years but these last two have seen us with heavy snow falls. Really caused mayhem this time with the motorways being blocked for hours and some poor souls having to spend the night in their cars!