Sunday, 23 January 2011

"FLOODED FIELD, ABERFELDY" ACRYLIC 6X6, plus January blues and a thumbs down to Facebook...

"Flooded Field, Aberfeldy"
Acrylic 6x6 on board

£150-
Aberfeldy Gallery Spring Exhibition
1st April - 6thMay
SOLD


The reference for this wee landscape was taken on one of my many trips up to Aberfeldy delivering work to the gallery. Something about the strips of flood water caught my eye and as often the case it just takes something like that to put the idea in motion. It's the same with most paintings it could be a colour that sets me off or the way a horse is carrying it's head. In this case I think it was the colour of the sky reflecting on the water.
It's been a strange start to the new year. The first day held the promise of a new start, a clean slate with which to start on. Then, as with most Januarys (for me anyway) the blue's seem to kick in. Perhaps it's been the changeable weather but half way through this month I feel I've run out of steam a little. I know I just have to grit my teeth and push on, as I said before, this year is for doing not saying. It might be a physcological overload where everything I have and plan to do has converged in my mind and drained my body. So I've made a list to try and force me to think of only one thing at a time....not so tiring. Another thing I've found very frustrating these past few days is Facebook and I have to ask myself do I really need Facebook in my life, is it a necessary evil. I use the word evil lightly but for someone who is introverted rather than extroverted and could be discribed as a lone wolf, having 206 friends I don't know or have ever met is pretty daunting. Why did I join, something I constantly ask myself.....I read somewhere it was a good place to be to get your work out there. I set up a Business page and then discovered you can't actually contact the people who 'like' your page and they can't actually contact you unless you friend them. To do that you have to create a profile page which I didn't want in the first place. I now have 206 friends ( of which a handful I actually know) and 572 following my art page of which 128 are also from my 206 friends....oh and did I say that apart from the 128 who are 'friends' I have no real idea who the other 445 are......are YOU confused yet! Then this week everything went totally too shit when they changed how the profile was set out....no asking, no choice, we're changing your profile, like it.
Do I think it's worth the effort, I'd have to say no...but then I'm an introverted, lone wolf technophobic dinosaur :))........I'd much rather talk away too myself on here!

4 comments:

Lynda Schumacher said...

Oh, Elizabeth......I know you may not be trying to be amusing, but you make me smile. And I am absolutely in awe of your ability to turn out one lovely landscape (or equine piece, or...) after another.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Glad I made you smile Lynda and yes I was being a little tongue in cheek. Thank you very much for the lovely compliment, I am at the moment just enjoying my time at the easel so hopefully that shows :)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Lovely piece!

I had to laugh at your description of Facebook! I feel the same, rarely post, play a couple of the games and just lurk along. Not a big talker, prefer the company of a few friends and mostly myself. Get friend requests from people I don't know all the time. No fan page so no need to confirm :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail glad you like it I'm really enjoying my work at the moment :)