Wednesday, 5 January 2011

"SPACE FOR A VIEW" ACRYLIC 6X8

Space for a View
Acrylic 6x8 on board
£200- unframed

Felt a little bit rusty today as I got back to painting, though I did enjoy the time off it was starting to feel I had been too long away. But, everyone needs to take a step back now and again. This is a view I enjoy on my walks looking through the hole in the fence towards Southook Farm. I don't remember the hedge ever having covered the space but I dare say it must have at sometime. There have been a few escapees through this space, even though it does have a fence but depending on what escapes the space has got bigger. I can remember arriving one morning at the stables to find a whole herd of sheep in Andra's garden. Rio, my first horse playing the skitty Thoroughbred was running up and down her fence huffing and puffing at these aliens that had arrived over night. With more good luck than judgement I managed to get them all out and back in the field before Andra was out of bed. They did though leave their calling cards which he recycled and put to good use lol.
Hope you all enjoyed the holidays and are now getting back to normality. Thanks as always for taking the time to look in.

6 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

We all need time off! I must say after my week off from work, it was hard for me to go back and face the "real" world.

Maria's Watercolor said...

How nice, how lucky of you to have this view for your walks, makes a wonderful painting.

Susan said...

Just had a look through your very interesting blog, Elizabeth. Lovely paintings and lovely photographs. I will be a frequent visitor!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Was nice for a little while :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the lovely comment Maria I'm really lucky where I live there is a painting waiting to be done at every corner :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for visiting Susan glad to hear you'll be coming back....love your work also :)