Friday, 25 February 2011

SAL....a work in progress.

Sal is a prime example of how my creativity has been of late. I had already started her portrait a few weeks back and laid in a base totally made a pigs ear of that so I'm starting again. Most people when working with oils will cover the whole painting to give themselves a base to work with. Me I usually sketch the subject out bring the eye too life and work left to right. Sometimes it's just better to stick with how you do it than experiment with a commission. Made a rough drawing this morning which doesn't need to be carved in stone as I'll make adjustments as I go along, started painting this afternoon. The left side of Sals face is in shadow, but for the moment I've made her eye quite bright, just in case you thought she had a wall eye. Sal by the way is a very young 26 year old Thoroughbred (I believe she was in training with Lucinda Russell)......I hope I look as good in horsey years :)


Morag
Acrylic 6x8 £75 sold
off to a new home in the UK

2 comments:

Maria's Watercolor said...

love seeing the work in progress, the eyes are amazing

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the lovely comment Maria :)