Tuesday, 1 March 2011

"EDGE OF SUMMER" ACRYLIC 6X8


"Edge of Summer"
Acrylic 6x8 on board
Not available

These last few days have had a feel of Spring, not so much to look at everything is still pretty dowdy. The feeling comes from inside, the same feeling I guess the animals and plants get....something is changing. The change in trees and plants is a little more subtle and it will be a couple of weeks before the change will be visable. The animals are different especially the birds I've noticed their chatter is louder as if they truly have something to sing about. The wee guy in the photo below is a Yellow Hammer and as I was taking the photo he was singing his heart out and mushy though that may be made my heart sing a little too.
The painting is just one of the little spots of landscapes dotted around where I live. Something to tide us over until 'real' summer shows her head. I never tire of painting them. Thanks for looking in and remember I enjoy your feedback.
Elizabeth
"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome" - Anne Bradstreet

No comments: