Saturday, 5 March 2011

PART OF THE FURNITURE.....

"Ripples and Reflections"
Acrylic 16x16 on board
This is the duck pond at Rozelle in Ayr and it was painted a good few years ago. The tree is no longer there having been brought down by storms and maybe that's one of the reasons I've never gone out of my way to find the painting a new home. Everytime I take paintings to exhibitions at the Maclaurin and pass the pond on the way in, it never fails to surprise me when the spot where the tree stood is empty, perhaps that's why it seems to have become a part of the furniture. It is for sale and it has been exhibited, even at Rozelle, but it always finds it's way back home to the top of the stair.

Thanks as always for looking in.

Elizabeth

emccrindleart@hotmail.co.uk

8 comments:

K. T. Sparks said...

quite beautiful Elizabeth! Hope all is well in your part of the world. I am keeping way to busy and have missed reading blogs for awhile. Take care!

AMBre said...

I follow you with a real interest and a great satisfaction.
Congrat for this one today !

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you K.T. things are starting to wake in my part of the world after what seemed a long winter. Days are longer if still cold but it feels like coming out of hibernation. I'm trying to avoid computers as much as possible, less computer time equals more painting time :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you AMBre that is a lovely comment and is much appreciated :)

Anonymous said...

Love this peaceful scene. Thanks for sharing the info about it. :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the painting and its story Anon :)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I love this one Elizabeth! It needs to live at the top of the stairs forever.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

It most likely will Gail :)