Tuesday, 22 March 2011

"SAIL PAST" ACRYLIC 6X6

"Sail Past"
Acrylic 6x6
SOLD

Thought I'd get back into the swing with one or two small paintings before getting back to the commissions. You tend to get into a rhythm when your painting and when you miss a couple of days at the easel the rhythm can be broken. When that happens I sometimes find myself a little rusty. I do not want to risk making a dogs dinner of paintings I've started so I'll limber up first. This seemed to be heading for the bin in the beginning, the sky was way too fussy, changed to a bigger brush and it turned the whole painting around....well I like it and that's more than half the battle!
I'm not much of a sailor and don't know the first thing about yachts but I do like to watch them dancing around in the sea off the Marina at Largs. Looks a lot of fun but it would need to be a bigger yacht than these too tempt me too take part.
Thanks for looking.
Elizabeth

2 comments:

Isabel P.Lima said...

Interesting blog.Congratulations from Galicia,Spain.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you for the comment Isabel glad your enjoying the blog :)