Sunday, 27 March 2011

SPRING FORWARD......

Into the Light

Spring Catkins Togetherness
Morning Chorus


Stubble


Golden Whin


The clocks sprung forward here today in the UK, and although it has dulled over it was a lovely sunny walk this morning first thing. Have had a really nasty flu bug to contend with this week so haven't been at my best or most productive. In fact I wasn't productive at all. My walk this morning has really lifted my spirits ( I hope the photos lift yours) and although I missed a much needed hour in bed, the thought of it being longer daylight, more than makes up for it. You really don't need to be an artist to appreciate what's around you everywhere, just take a little time to look. I would say most of my ideas are sprung during my morning walk. It could be something I've seen then, or the quiet and solitude lets my brain seperate all the stuff that's swimming around vying for attention, I don't know, but my morning walk is priceless to me. I also got to thinking as I was coughing my lungs up, how fragile our lifes really are. I know that sounds a little dramatic but when your not feeling to good it's not always postivtive thoughts that are floating in your head. I made a promise to my self that when I feel better things are going to change. Not sure how yet but it will involve smelling roses :)


Elizabeth


6 comments:

Deborah Adams,Long Beach, California. said...

Thank you for sharing the beautiful photos Elizabeth. Such peace and beauty in the early morning hours. Hopefully the bird songs helped to cheer you up and bring wellness, and also return your creative muse. Take Care. ~ Deb

AMBre said...

Great ! Thank you a lot.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Your welcome Deb's I'm glad you enjoyed them. Feeling better if I could just get rid of the cough :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

You are very welcome AMBre :)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

At least your time change doesn't come in early March like ours! I hate it! Besides the loss of an hour's sleep, I detest driving to work in the dark.

Love the first photo!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Glad you like it Gail a favourite of mine too :)