Monday, 14 March 2011

"WHITER SHADE OF PALE" Pastel

"Whiter Shade of Pale"
Pastel
from the archives
It's official I get withdrawl symptoms if I don't write my Blog. I guess mostly because the Blog isn't just a way of promoting my work to me, it's my diary. It struck me while looking back through the archives of paintings I've done, how much I've actually forgotten about early work. Blogging means it's all there in black and white, not to mention glorious tecnicolour to jog the grey cells. There are the larger pieces that will always stick out in my mind but some of the smaller ones get lost in the mist of time. And talking of time you really do lose track of it when your having fun....this is my third year of blogging.
The pastel above I do remember, it was done on MDF which is a strange surface to do pastel on. I actually started it in acrylics but it just wasn't working and for some reason rather than scrap it I started using pastel pencils on top. Just goes to show you don't need to confine yourself to one medium. It sold a few years back through the Torrance Gallery to a buyer from London.
Well back to the easel and some other greys, thanks as always for looking in and reading my rambles :)
Elizabeth

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I've enjoyed seeing your earlier work! Most of my pastels have been sketches for acrylic paintings and never have made completion to the point I can post to sell :) Really love this one, the colors are gorgeous.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail it's always nice to take a look back every now and then, and hopefully see some improvement :)

Deborah Adams,Long Beach, California. said...

Lovely piece! ~ Deb

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you Deb :)