Tuesday, 15 March 2011

YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED......and covered in blue paint

The invitation card arrived today for the up and coming exhibition at the Aberfeldy Gallery's Spring Exhibition. Thought I'd scan it and share just so as you know the talented bunch of artists I'm rubbing shoulders with. It also means if your in that neck of the woods on the the 1st and 2nd April you should drop in at the opening viewings where a glass of wine will be on offer as well as a lovely array of work.












Today I played hookie from the easel and joined a group of pre-school kids for some fun with paint. Marion McIntyre their teacher asked me quite a while back if I would come and talk to the kids about art. I said yes, but as it was getting closer I was having reservations about the whole idea. I needn't have worried we had a ball. We had fun painting from photos the kids had brought in of their pets which included guinea pigs, a rabbit called Fudge, a cat called Smidge, the sweetest wee Lhasa Apso called Holly and an actual real live hamster called Nibbles who slept through the whole din (I think he was pretending, just didin't want to get covered in paint). The smell of poster paint took me back to my own childhood.....a few years back cough, cough :). I'm relieved that poster paint comes of easily as I seemed to find myself with blue paint just about everywhere, looking like an extra from Braveheart. There were lots of funny moments but my favourite had to be one wee boy who told he had painted a tiger and it had orange, black and white stripes. "Wow", I said "and did you paint it in the jungle" he sighed and gave me that, you stupid adult look, "No", he said "I painted it here." It took all my strength to keep a straight face.
Tomorrow will be back to normal and a little less messy at the easel. Thanks for popping in.
Elizabeth


6 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for the laugh,Elizabeth! And good luck with your show - it looks like a lot of wonderful work!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Was just the tonic for me too Susan, I had the giggles all night lol

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

LOL! Extra for Braveheart eh. I bet you were a sight!

Good luck with the show. The heifer painting is a favorite of mine.

Linda Shantz said...

Glad it went well with the kids, Elizabeth! And good luck from here with the show as well - wish I could pop over to see it!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail it's one of my favourites too. Thankfully all the blue has washed off and I'm back too normal lol

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Was a right laugh Linda....thought you might have your hands full with gorgeous wee baby's :)