Thursday, 28 April 2011

HURRY HOME ACRYLIC 6X6

"Hurry Home"



Acrylic 6x6


I struggled with this one most of the evening and it just wasn't coming right. Frustration set in and decided to wipe it out. Then, as I did so, I glimpsed something, not quite sure what, it certainly wasn't what I started out to do but I kinda like it......in a not sure why way :)



It's supposed to be rain coming over the Isle of Arran with the yachts hurrying home. Well I like it so I'll add it to my artist's collection....unless someone falls in love with it and twists my arm!






Elizabeth






6 comments:

Lynda Schumacher said...

This is lovely, Elizabeth -- and it tells a story. Glad you didn't wipe it out. : )

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Lynda so am I, looking at it again this morning it's really growing on me :)

Deborah Adams,Long Beach, California. said...

Lovely painting, as usual! :-)
Thank you for the update with the Horse Guard that came off his horse. I just happened across the story online, and hope the rider is ok. I hope he's not in hot water with his commanding officer, but then of course all horseman understand the possibilities.I'm sure he'd hoped for fonder memories of the day, but at least it's unforgetable. Take Care, Deb

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the lovely comment Deb...just a dented pride, I'm sure his CO had a few words lol....and I know his fellow guards will never let him live it down lol

suzannepaints said...

Wonderful work. You give us a feel for the lovely countryside.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Many thanks Suzanne for the lovely comment.I'm blessed to live where there seems to be a painting in every corner :)