Saturday, 2 April 2011

"STEPPING OUT" ACRYLIC 6X6

"Stepping Out"

Acrylic 6x6


This was a proper monkey to photograph and still isn't quite right, so for now it isn't for sale online. Should have known there would be trouble with it. Had another go painting this study a couple of years back and it ended in bin. I actually took a whole lot of photos at the time I took this. There was a whole herd of colour ponies but can't find the disc. I have an awful feeling it's been discarded when my old computer died, some of the discs wouldn't work on new laptop. Shame as there were some nice ponies on it. Hope your enjoying your weekend and thanks for looking in.


Elizabeth


7 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Some colors are a fright to photograph. I use Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 to correct my colors when they turn out unlike what they are suppose to! There is also a free software that I've used for years called IrfanView that does about the same.

Hopefully this colored pony won't end up in the bend, he certainly is a delight.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail its Photoshop Elements. Most of the time it's pretty good but just now and again don't matter what I do.
Not to worry it's a keeper looks a lot better in the flesh.

Linda Shantz said...

It looks great from here, Elizabeth. I agree though that some colours are really hard to photograph!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Linda :)

Julie Brown said...

I love the looseness of your brushstrokes, and the resulting energy they convey. Photographing one's work accurately can be the most frustrating process! Do you ever scan your work? Sometimes that seems to work better for me.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Julie for the comments I freely admit it's taken me years to loosen up. There are still times when I revert back to realism especially on portraits, but I strive every day to reach my goal. I've tried scanning as well but there are all ways going to be times when no matter how hard you try something gets lost....ho hum as they say :)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

precious! beautifully done.