Sunday, 22 May 2011

LAST POST.......



The last eight months have been a pretty stressful time for me with one thing or another and over the past few weeks I've mulled over what's been happening and what to do. The loss of wee Dougal I think was the straw that broke the camel's back. It was a harrowing experiance and quite frankly broke my heart. Add to that my brothers health has deterioated with his mobility getting worse which means we have to re-organise how we live our daily life. Then over the last month he has had problems with his sight which has involved surgery and will involve more over the coming months. My stress levels are perhaps at an all time high and I need too wind down a little before I make myself ill. I will spend my time quietly finishing the commissions that my clients have been so patiently waiting too long for. I am sorry but I won't be taking on any new commissions for quite a while.


When I get back to blogging I'm going to start afresh with a brand new Blog so please keep looking in from time to time to find out where to find me. Meanwhile I can't thank you all enough for the encouragement and wonderful comments you've left about my work in the past two and a half years.


I'll be back ASAP so for now Happy Painting out there!


Elizabeth

14 comments:

Lynda Schumacher said...

Elizabeth;
As you may well know, I GET IT. Though my own year-long series of stressors and losses appears to be finally winding down (I hope, I hope, I hope), times like this can be so daunting and arduous -- but often breed strength, compassion, and resilience. That is what I wish for you: that out of this, will be growth. And please, take REALLY good care of yourself.

Deborah Adams,Long Beach, California. said...

Elizabeth, sending blessings and strength to you and your brother. I'll look forward to seeing your beautiful work, when your muse once again returns. Also, please feel free to write if you need a bit of a chat. Remember, that which is Impossible, is possible.
Sending hugs. Take Care, ~ Deb of Possible Impossibilities Studio.

Studio at the Farm said...

Elizabeth, I have enjoyed your posts. All I can say is I wish you and you brother well, and hope life improves for you.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,
Your art, photos, and your blog evoke such a peaceful feeling. I wish you and your family all the best. Look forward to seeing and hearing more from you.
Joan in New Hampshire

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Lynda, Deb, Kathryn and Joan thanks for the comforting words, I appreciate them so much. Don't worry Lynda I intend to take good care of myself and I'm sure I'll be back before you all know it...Elizabeth x

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I understand Elizabeth and my thoughts will be with you and yours. I will miss you, your blog and your works of art.

Hurry back when you can~

AMBre said...

I'll wait for your comeback, and wish you so many good things..
Take care of yourself and your brother.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you Gail and Ambre I'm so touched with all the lovely comments and emails of encouragement.....I will be back!

Linda Shantz said...

Just echoing here, Elizabeth...take care of yourself, and I'm sure we'll stay in touch!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Linda :)

Susan said...

You and your brother are in my thoughts and heart, Elizabeth. I wish you less stress, great strength and happiess in unexpected places. I will look for your return. Be well.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Many thanks Susan for your lovely comments they and the others are making such a difference and I already feel much better. Add to that we had some better news from the consultant yesterday and fingers crossed Steven won't need further surgery to his left eye :)

Karen M Schmidt said...

Hello, Elizabeth, although I'm really going to miss your lovely paintings, photos and writings while you're away from blogging, I completely understand the need to be still for a while. My husband and I will be praying for you and your brother. May God give you comfort, peace, strength, wisdom, patience, healing and renewal through everyone around you, and I especially pray that you will never stop being inspired! I look forward to seeing you back again ... Hugs, Karen

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Karen many thanks for the lovely comment it's a great comfort to me and indeed Steven. I shall be back blogging soon I'm sure as it a great enjoyment to me.