Tuesday, 17 May 2011

"THREE WHITE SAILS" ACRYLIC 5X7

"Three White Sails" Acrylic 5x7 £170-

I've lost count over the years how many times I've painted Arran, this is from Barrassie Beach. The other day I put up a couple of images of Arran on my photo blog, they were taken on the Dunure coast road. He (Arran) has many moods and there are days when he hides, others when you feel you could reach out and touch him, but always he's beautiful. You might be wondering why I call him he. In Ayrshire he's known as the Sleeping Man because when you see the isle in silhouette he looks like a sleeping man.


5 comments:

Karen M Schmidt said...

Beautiful, Elizabeth! I especially like the water in the foreground, against the orange-y tan of the beach.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Karen, I wasn't sure if I had quite 'got' it. Seascapes are not really my forte and I'm well out of my comfort zone. But, sticking my head in the sand (no pun intended lol) won't improve my skills :)

Diana Marshall said...

Love this simple painting, who says seascapes aren't your forte, only you maybe!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Diana, I think we are all our worse critics :)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

this is SO Nova Scotia, but then again New Scotland, Right?
Beautiful.