Friday, 10 June 2011

"THE BURN" ACRYLIC 6X6

"The Burn"
Acrylic 6x6
£150- framed SOLD

Was in the zone this afternoon painting this one. Sometimes you find yourself transported into the painting, hearing the bubbling noise the water makes on it's way through the fields and eventually to the sea. The fresh smell of earth and the perfume from the wildflowers on the bank. Not to forget the happy throng of birdsong, was a delight. Without blowing my trumpet too loud I'm rather pleased with this one :)

4 comments:

Karen M Schmidt said...

Hi, Elizabeth, you SHOULD blow your trumpet on this one! It's lovely ... I can almost feel the breeze! And the hint of wildflowers is just perfect.
I'm glad I kept this blog bookmarked! I went to your new blog today and WHAT? but then I came back here and (whew!) here you are. OK. Now I can enjoy my Saturday. :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Karen my sincere apologies, you know I don't know where my head is these days. I just deleted the blog without even posting that I was going back to my first blog. Hopefully my brain will begin fuctioning again...SOON!

Glad you liked it :)

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorites now. Maybe you should describe each painting like you did with this one. I was transported to this scene just from looking at it and your description. Very very nice!
Joan

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the lovely comment Joan :))