Monday, 20 June 2011

AN OUTSIDE DAY....

Today I decided I deserved a quiet day, a day to recharge my batteries, an outside day. It started with a leisurely walk with the boys and my camera. A beautiful sunny morning far removed from the cold wet ones we've been having. Everything that could glisten, glistened this morning. I was particularly pleased with the shot of the wee green finch. These pocket rockets have been put on the planet to tease me, while their melodious tunes cheer my walk they are terribly shy....not too mention fast of the mark and almost impossible to photograph. As you can see by the pose he/she was just about to take flight.
The rest of the day I spent in the front garden, cutting grass and weeding, such a soothing pastime and good for the soul. Tonight I feel more relaxed than I have in a long time, tomorrow, well it looks like rain and I'll be back at the easel, recharged and ready for the challenge.







4 comments:

Deborah Adams,Long Beach, California. said...

Lovely photos, as usual Elizabeth. The green finch is a striking little fellow. It's so nice to hear you had a relaxing and recharging day. :-)
~ Deb

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Deb they ae such pretty wee birds....soooo fast though :)

Karen M Schmidt said...

Sounds a lovely, relaxing day ... great shot of the little bird, and I love the Queen Anne's lace. (at least I think that's what the white lacy flowers are :) It sure does one good to get out in the real world and notice the little blessings all around us! Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

The top photo is Quenn Anne's lace Karen the one below the wee bird is Elderberry. It was a tonic :)