Wednesday, 29 June 2011

WORKING STUDY - SILKS plus an eviction

Started this study today of a jockey after a race at Ayr, it's really his silks I'm interested in all those wrinkles and folds....and trying to capture the feel of silk......definately a work in progress.
This morning on my walks the farmers were busy getting the silage cut and in during this hot dry spell we're having. If only you could smell the cut hay wafting across the fields in the morning breeze. Unfortunately it meant that some of the lodgers had to be evicted. There were six of them at least but I concentrated on these two as I had a good idea they would head for the gate. This is when I really wish I had a better camera or at least SLR. As you can see at one point they were heading straight for me but they turned the moment they saw me and eventually found a way into the field on the other side. Was great too watch :)



6 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

Lovely post. Can't wait to see the finished silks.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Bonnie :))

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Nothing smells better than fresh cut hay.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Totally agree :)

Deborah Adams,Long Beach, California. said...

Oh my goodness, I can smell the hay now! :-)
~ Deb

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

:)))